At the end of January, my family and I went on a trip to Bali for 5 days. We bought the ticket a year earlier when it was in April 2017. This marks our family trip overseas after 10 years. The last trip our family went oversea was in Paris. So we did get a little over excited and planned a lot of things for this trip. At first we were thinking about going to Osaka but then we think lets try with the nearest place first.
THE TICKET
We bought the cheapest flight ticket during promotion about a year ago and it cost us about 2K for 5 adults return flight ticket. Plus we got the ticket from Kota Bharu -KLIA - Bali. We did not add on any baggage or in flight meals.
THE HOTEL
The placed we stayed for our next 5 days was in Seminyak. It was called Jas Boutique Villa. My dad got a villa for us which consists of 2 king beds and 1 extra single bed. The villa was nice, it has small private pool about 5 feet deep, kitchen area fully equipped with fridge, cooker, kitchen appliances and small dinning table. Even has a gazebo for lounge. The kitchen was open area that connected to the private pool. As soon as you enter the villa, you'll be welcomed by the pool. In front of the kitchen is your room.
My dad did not get us separate bedroom. So all of us were staying in a big room. And there's one bathroom with in my opinion has the sense of aesthetic and luxury style. It is also half open area too. The bathroom is connected to the gazebo but there is a small fountain that restricted people from break in.
The cost for our 5 days stay was about 2K++ which is quiet cheap for that kind of villa. It also includes free breakfast which has various menu you can pick (pancakes, american breakfast, assorted breads and sandwiches) and its delicious too. I got different menu everyday.
But I think, if your trip does not require a lot of the time staying in the hotel, it would be much fetish if you only book a simple and cheaper room only to sleep. I was feeling guilty as we didnt stay a lot of our time in the hotel, and kinda wasted a little bit. The room was nice and refreshing, but we didnt spend even a day at the hotel.
THE FOOD
To be truly honest, to find halal food in Bali was kinda hard as Balinese are 95% Balinese Hinduism. The food does not suit my taste at all. It was not spicy. I need spicy food then I'll call it a day. I was expecting the food to be like in Jogjakarta, but not even close. I had an amazing food when I was in Jogjakarta. Its pricey as well here in Bali for food. Each time we went to eat, my dad will spent about RM400-600 for a family. Luckily, we managed to save up a bit. On our third, fourth and fifth day, we didnt buy dinner. We ate package food (Brahim) that we brought from Malaysia with us. At least it suited our taste even though it was bad. Next time, I'll bring samyang with me to travel.
THE PEOPLE
Balinese is the nicest people I've ever met. They are so nice and friendly. We didnt encounter any harsh moment interacting with the people. Usually when we went for holidays, at least there will be an incident where we will get into fights with the locals. But that didnt happen here. Except they do like to ask for donation a lot here.
THE PLACE
Bali is beautiful. There are so many temples and you can watch the most beautiful sunsets up hill. Lots of beaches also that you can visit. The market is great also as it has a lot of traditional stuffs. But I do feel it is not really much difference from Malaysia. There are certain parts of Bali that can be found in Malaysia. However Bali has volcano, which Malaysia does not have. It was an amazing view to see the volcano over the restaurant that we went for lunch.
THE WEATHER
We went to Bali at the end of January to February. As I can remember my friend who is a medical student in Jogjakarta said that Indonesia rain season is during October to April. When we booked our ticket, I forgot to check this one crucial information. Luckily during our 5 days stay there, it did not rain at all. So we consider it a blessing. After we went back, the tour guide informed us that it rained right after we went back.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE
Bali was a nice experience. It was a good place for honeymoon. They are so many more hidden gems that we havent explored but our 5 days of staying was worth it. It might be a little bit expensive compared to other parts of Indonesia but its worth it.
No comments :
Post a Comment