What I love about this year's Eid celebration is when I started to appreciate the people, emotion and everything happening surrounding me. I feel blessed, loved and happiness all in one about this Eid hoping to meet it again next year. Not forgetting Ramadan, as it has been the BEST RAMADAN EVER.
We shifted from Perlis to Perak every year and its Perak turns this year for 'balik kampung' with my mum side. My mum comes from a family with 11 siblings where shes the 7th child, and there are only 2 daughters in the family. She has 1 elder sister, 8 brothers and 1 adopted brother. Both my grandparents have passed away some time ago while I was still in high school, but we'd still went back to kampung for family gathering.
The Eid preparation has started 2 days earlier from cleaning the house, food ingredients preparation, table settings and many other trivial chores. Everyone was giving hands to help around the house and that is a good scene I dont normally get. On the day of Eid we woke up early to get ready as there's always a water shortage supply at kampung especially during celebration. Went for Eid Prayer with our new Raya clothes on and ate special dishes for breakfast of rendang, ayam masak merah, nasi impit and kuah kacang.
Its always awkward to eat on the day after a month of fasting during Ramadhan. I always have to remind myself,
"Fasting is over, its raya today. You can dig in!"
I love food so much and dishes cooked during Eid has always been my favourite. Sometimes I'll ask my mum to cook rendang hitam even though its not raya yet because I missed eating it so much.
After the prayer ends, we headed home and started getting ready for family photos and of courseee, DUIT RAYA! 💰🤑💰
I kinda get this feeling that this will be the last year I'm getting duit raya as next year I'll start working. It probably will be my year to hand out duit raya next year. Everyone better be nice to me next year.
Then as usual, we'll head out to Tok Ayah and Opah Mak's cemetery. It was getting hot already. Perak is so freaking boiling for the past days. We arrived at 12pm and the sun was above our heads. After an hour or half, we went for raya at our closest relatives around the kampung. There were 5 houses and my stomach was about to explode by the end of the day. Weird thing is I only ate at the second and fifth house.
The next thing I know, I got diarrhea that night. 7 trips to the toilet, a couple of throw ups and a lot of farting and burping of unpleasant smells. What a blessing 2017 first day of eid. But thats not ganna ruin my raya mood as I got so many things to eat, see and celebrate for a month.
PS: The blessing continues as I got fever on the 5th day of Eid and my sense of taste doesnt function up until today. (10th day of Eid) ðŸ˜
Its so no fun eating without tasting anything especially during raya.
The next thing I know, I got diarrhea that night. 7 trips to the toilet, a couple of throw ups and a lot of farting and burping of unpleasant smells. What a blessing 2017 first day of eid. But thats not ganna ruin my raya mood as I got so many things to eat, see and celebrate for a month.
PS: The blessing continues as I got fever on the 5th day of Eid and my sense of taste doesnt function up until today. (10th day of Eid) ðŸ˜
Its so no fun eating without tasting anything especially during raya.
No comments :
Post a Comment