My 2019 starts with the journey of visiting Thailand. I've always wanted to go there since my father's hometown is right next to Thailand. Every year the furthest of Perlis we've ever been is the Duty Free Zone in Padang Besar. My goal finally achieved this year and I am proudly one step away to conquer the ASEAN countries before I hit 28? Maybe. I wish. Well, we'll see.
Hatyai was a great experience. My friends and I went for a one day trip around Hatyai before we go for Koh Lipe. We went to so many places and my favourite is definitely the cable car experience. The Hatyai view was beautiful. Probably can be more mesmerized if at night. But I have no idea I was kinda scared of heights. Damn I was really scared when I was in the cable car. I had so many Final Destination thoughts while I riding it. The funniest thing about this trip was probably when everyone started to feel RM600 for 4 days wasnt enough. We thought Thailand currency is cheaper than us. But that is so wrong in many level. They are expensive as Malaysia's economy didnt do great nowadays. So we all exchange money as a preparation that may comes. The dogs in Hatyai were very tame. They're so different from dogs in Malaysia. Most of them didnt go after people. Unlike in Malaysia, we have to run for our lives. The food is great as well. We went to the infamous floating market and ASEAN Night Bazaar. Its a food heaven and I would recommend for those whoever are planning to go to Hatyai. One day in Hatyai is enough I guess, unless if you want to explore more of the market, you might consider for a couple of days. Our time were pretty short so we only been to each places and running with time. It was hectic but fun. Everything was satisfying. We used the time wisely and not a minute were wasted. It went pretty smooth as well despite we didnt have a complete itinerary when we come. We made the itinerary in less than 30 minutes that morning with the help of the hostel's receptionist. Do I want to come to Hatyai again? Of course. The food is what I will crave. Their kerabu maggie, green tea, banana pancake and many more I haven't get a chance to try.
Hatyai was only as a pit stop. Our real destination was Koh Lipe. We spent 3 days in Koh Lipe. The journey to go to Koh Lipe was tiring but I guess all of the island have the same kind of journey. I'm just grateful as the journey was smooth and safe. That's all. When we arrived Koh Lipe, I fell in love with their walking street. So many things to see. Their crafts their souvenirs are just my taste! So easy to find halal food as well. Ohh dont even start about the beach. Pattaya Beach is my favourite. On the last day in Koh Lipe, the sunset was the one that I would not forget. Being in the water, feeling calm, watching the sunset with good weather. What else do I want? That was the best feeling ever. I ditch the camera and face the reality. Everything was recorded and saved in my mind. I have no regrets with it. It is probably the last trip I will go with Syahir and Fuad as both of them will have different commitments in future. I guess I will have to start traveling solo then. Lucky I have two sisters with me. 😉
PS: Wait for the next post where I'll post the itinerary.
No comments :
Post a Comment